Study Genealogy is a full-service professional genealogy research service, and are owned by the company Genit AS. We utilize expert research staff in the United States and Norway to provide genealogy research, analysis, consultation, education, translation, and other genealogy services. Our professional genealogists specialize in Norwegian and Norwegian-American Genealogical Research and draw on years of significant education, years of experience, and unparalleled expertise to fulfill your specific research goals. Study Genealogy will discuss your research goals and options with you. We will make every effort to be successful in your research inquiry, and as experts in Norwegian genealogy, we will stand behind all of our research findings.
We can also take our expertise one step further by teaching you the skills needed to research the old Norwegian records. At Studygenealogy.com we want you to become familiar with the records, language, handwriting, and search techniques that will enable you to hopefully do some of the research yourself.
Study Genealogy will discuss your research goals and options with you. We will make every effort to be successful in your research inquiry, and as experts in Norwegian genealogy, we will stand behind all of our research findings. We specialize in researching Norwegian and Norwegian-American church records, emigration records, passenger lists, and Norwegian-American newspapers. Our team members are affiliated with several Norwegian and Norwegian-American historical societies and bygdelags and we look forward to helping you research your family history.
- Genealogy Research
- Probate Researchers
- Speeches and lectures
Liv Marit Haakenstad
Liv Marit Haakenstad, AG® lives in Hamar, Norway. She has been doing genealogy research for more than forty years. Haakenstad is an APG member, and she offers lectures, workshops, seminars and even specialty tours bringing descendants to their homesteads in Norway.
Haakenstad is the creator of the Genealogy Detective column in the newspaper Norwegian American, and of the online resources www.genit.no and www.norwegianancestry.com. She has written more than a hundred genealogy articles on computers & genealogy, Norwegian emigration, genealogy, and genealogy technology, and nine books on Norwegian genealogy. Often assisting International heir research firms, and consulting for several genealogy TV-shows, including Who Do you Think You Are? BBC and Canada, Norwegian Anno, Liv Marit as an International genealogy presenter has given more than 150 lectures throughout Norway, the United States and England. She was a speaker at Who Do you Think You Are? Live conference in Birmingham, UK in 2015. Haakenstad was a featured speaker at the RootsTech London Conference in 2019, and will be a speaker at RootsTech Connect 2021.
Haakenstad has a master in non-fiction writing from USN (University of South-Eastern Norway), and are a Accredited Genealogist® (AG®) from The International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists in Norwegian Genealogy.
- Slektsgransking med dataveiledning (Orion Forlag 2001, revised 2004, Norwegian)
- Slektsgranskerens guide til utvandringen 1825-1930 (Orion Forlag 2008, Norwegian)
- Slektsgransking. Steg for steg med praktiske eksempler (Aschehoug Forlag 2010, Norwegian)
- Min slekt – nyttige notater og utfyllingsskjema i slektsgransking (Vigmostad & Bjørke 2012, Norwegian)
- Min slekt – skjemahefte (Vigmostad & Bjørke 2012, Norwegian)
- A Taste of Norwegian Ancestry (e-book, Amazon, self publishing, 2012, English)
- Slektsgranskerens guide til utvandringen 1825-1930 (Vigmostad & Bjørke 2013, Norwegian)
- From Norway: A few emigrants from Nord-Trøndelag and Sør-Trøndelag (e- book, Amazon, self publishing, 2014, English)
- På sporet av familien. Kilder og metoder i slektsgransking (Vigmostad & Bjørke 2015, Norwegian)